Skip to content
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 large red onion
- 1/2 lb whole wheat pasta, like Ziti or Penne
- 4 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Bina’s Bombay Masala
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- First, slice through the skin of the squash in several spots to allow steam to escape during cooking. Place butternut squash, whole, into the microwave for 2 minutes on high. Be careful when removing the squash from the microwave, as it will be very hot.
- Peel, slice and dice the semi-cooked squash into 1/2-inch cubes. Peel and dice the onion.
- In a bowl, mix squash and onion with olive oil and Bina’s Bombay Masala. Mix thoroughly, then place the vegetables on a baking sheet.
- Roast vegetables in the oven for about 20-23 minutes. Test butternut squash by piercing it with a fork, checking for softness.
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water, per the instructions on the package. Drain and set aside in a warm place until the squash is finished roasting.
- Mix the roasted vegetables with cooked pasta, add salt to taste and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy this dish by serving it hot or cold!