Bombay Masala is a zesty and spicy mix of over a dozen Indian spices. The leading flavors of warming paprika, chili, and tart citrus-like mango powder meet with coriander, ginger, and yet more spices to round out this unique blend. Bombay Masala is not very spicy on its own; instead it has a modest kick and great depth of flavor, in addition to health nourishing benefits. Amazing with roasted vegetables, breakfast eggs, potatoes, chili and barbecue sauces, and so much more.
Paprika, Chili Powder, Coriander, Amchur (Mango), Black Salt, Himalayan Salt, Cumin, Ginger, Black Pepper, Ajwain (Carom), Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Allspice, Mace, Nutmeg.
Use Bombay Masala in many dishes:
- Use when roasting sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, okra, and other vegetables
- Mix in Bombay Masala when preparing chicken salad and egg salad for sandwiches
- Mix with oil to make a spice rub, great for chicken
- Sprinkle on breakfast eggs and potatoes
- Add to corn on the cob, along with a bit of butter (and salt, if you wish)
- Top fresh avocados with Bombay Masala, a dash of lime juice and salt for a healthy snack
Linda Gonzales –
There are many delicious recipes to use this spice with in Bina’s cookbook. I’ve simply been mixing it with bacon grease and salt into a paste and putting it on my chicken before I roast it and it is AMAZING Tasting!!!