Bina’s Bombay Potatoes
The potato is the ultimate comfort-food star. This recipe makes potatoes shine with spicy and tart Bombay Masala. The key to mastering this dish is in resisting the urge to stir the potatoes. Let them cook at the right temperature and the potatoes will turn golden brown and satisfying.Buy Bombay Masala
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and small diced
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbsp Bina’s Bombay Masala, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp mustard seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 limes
- In a large skillet, heat the oil.
- (Optional step) Add the mustard seeds in the oil until the seeds pop.
- Turn down the heat before adding Bina’s Bombay Masala and stir until the oil is aromatic. Be careful not to burn the spices.
- Add the potatoes, and do not stir until the potatoes start to brown. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes and continue to cook on the other side for about 10 minutes or until they are browned and potatoes are tender. Stir if necessary.
- Finish the potatoes by mixing in chopped cilantro and the juice of 2 limes before serving. Enjoy!