Skip to content
- 1 stick butter, warmed to room temperature (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup organic cane sugar (or use 1 cup coconut sugar instead)
- 2 eggs
- 1 15-ounce can organic pumpkin puree
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (I like King Arthur’s brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp Bina’s Aromatic Chai spice blend
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp raw honey for glaze (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mix the butter and sugar together until fluffy, add eggs and pumpkin puree and beat until blended.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, Aromatic Chai spice blend, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mix to the butter, sugar, egg and pumpkin mixture, blending well.
- Add vanilla and vinegar. Mix only until everything is combined.
- Butter a 9×5-inch bread loaf pan for bread. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- Glaze with honey while still warm, if desired (optional).
- Cool completely before slicing.